Smarter goal setting
The smarter goal setting method has been around for a while, but after going through the original smart goal setting process I discovered a better, or “smarter” way of setting and reaching goals that works amazing for me. I hope it helps you clarify your goals better and most importantly reach them consistently!
Specific: What to you specifically want to get done this week. Write down the details of your vision. For example, how much do you want to make? What are you going to sell? To whom? How are you going to market it? etc..
Measurable: track and measure your progress so you know you’re on track with reching your goal at the end of each week or not. Consider using a calendar or other device of your choice. Review your goal at the start and end of each day to see if you are on track. If you are not then make the adjustments you need to help you get back on track to reaching your goal. Confirm each day with your accountability partners outside of Prosper if you are on track or not and make corrections where needed.
Accountability: Ask some people you trust and ask these people to be your accountability partner during the process of reaching your goal. Ask them to hold you accountable to the attainment of the goal such as emailing you to follow up , calling you, asking you what else you need to reach your goal if you are not on track as you use your measure your progress.
Resources: what do you need to reach your goal. People and systems? What do you lack?
Timeline: Set a Start Date and End Date and fill in all the baby steps in between. Break your goal down so you’re clear about what needs to be done every day. Afterward prioritize the tasks and focus on the top 2 or 3 for that day!
E3 (Enthusiasm, Engagement, Energy):
- E-1 stands for Enthusiasm: It’s true, some goals you’re going after may not be the most exciting thing to do, however if most of your goals CAN be accomplished with an enlightened sense of enthusiasm as you learn more about how to control the power of your conscious and sub-conscious mind. Being enthusiastic about the journey of reaching your goals is fun. So make the choice now be enthusiastic about reaching your goals beginning with seeing it first in your mind as clearly as possible and then taking action. Share the excitement within you and if there are other people involved with the accomplishment of your goal they too will catch the fire and be far more likely to take the action you want them to take!
- E-2 stands for Engagement: If you’re engaged with your goals you’re involved, participating, you’re living in the moment and experiencing amazing levels of accomplishment and productivity.
- E-3 stands for Energy: It’s pretty tough to reach your goals if you don’t have the energy to reach them! For example if you lack the right amount of sleep and nutrition etc.. your energy levels will be quite low. Examine your upcoming week and determine what you need to do to have the energy to reach your goal. For example you may need to read the right books or talk with the right types of people to stay positive and focused on your goal.
R3 (Review, Record, Reward):
- Review: It’s really easy for us human beings to forget where we came from along the path to prosperous living. Additionally it’s empowering to look back and see the amazing progress you’ve made and how far you’ve come along. Take the time to review the POSITIVE things you’ve done and set new goals-targets to reach!
- Record: One of the major habits of the super prosperous is that of recording successes, ideas, thoughts along the road of progress. Each night before you go to bed, or during the day, morning, or whenever you see fit, make a record in a success journal of your comings and goings, your plans, visions, amazing ideas, perceived personal successes, and so forth.
- Reward: Some goals will be reward enough as you reach them, but some may need to be CELEBRATED!!! So consider going out to eat, or go on a stay-cation, take a cruise, go sky diving, take 20% of the profits and go blow it, etc…. Go have fun!